Outer Banks Sports Tourism is a non profit organization. Our mission is to promote, support and organize sports competitions and amateur sporting events in the Outer Banks of North Carolina. We believe that sporting events can provide our local community with a healthy, interactive and engaging curriculum of activities, foster community cooperation and provide additional tourism to the Outer Banks, with significant impacts during the shoulder seasons.
Outer Banks Sports Tourism is excited to present the Outer Banks Daredevils Baseball, our local, collegiate, summer league baseball team; Daredevils Baseball Camps & Clinics, providing area youth baseball players the opportunity to learn the skills of the game; the OBX Invitational Youth Baseball Tournaments, where teams from across the Mid-Atlantic Region will be coming to the Outer Banks to compete in our world class tournament programs; and the Outer Banks Open, our annual fund raiser Golf Tournament where golfers from our hometown are joined by teams of golfers from across the MId-Atlantic Region to compete in this two day event.
…that team sports and a healthy, active lifestyle are important for our area youth and adults, and that our programs can play a vital role in meeting those needs;
…that sports tourism represents a great opportunity to bring visitors to the Outer Banks;
…that increased vacation visits will benefit local hotels, rental houses, restaurants, shops and entertainment and activities merchants;
…that sports tourism is a growing industry with exponential growth potential in the Outer Banks;
…that participation in sports help teach kids about sportsmanship, hard work, dedication, sacrifice, teamwork, how to handle both success and failure;
…that participation in sports are a positive alternative to the many “not so wholesome” activities that young people might otherwise find themselves engaged in;
…that participation in sports promotes a healthy lifestyle and provides a great opportunity for kids and adults to enjoy a wholesome family activity;
…that our programs will provide outstanding opportunities for volunteer service, allowing our local community to come together working to make Dare County a great place to live;
- To create and maintain a central website to promote amateur sporting events in the Outer Banks.
- To support and promote local sports teams, organizations, sporting events and their fundraising efforts.
- To provide sports minded volunteers information about upcoming sports events and volunteer opportunities.
- To support, promote, raise awareness and increase participation for local sports teams, organizations and events.
- To support, promote and organize sporting events in the Outer Banks.
- To partner with local, regional and national amateur sports organizations to promote sporting events in Outer Banks.
- To provide and promote greater connectivity between sports teams, organizations, officials, facilities, suppliers, vendors, volunteers, lodging partners, local merchants and other related organizations in the Outer Banks.
- To foster and increase community relations through participation and support of local athletes.
- To support and promote efforts to improve and upgrade existing sports facilities in the Outer Banks.
- To support and promote efforts to build additional sports facilities in the Outer Banks.